Sponsored by University of Manitoba and The University of Winnipeg, NASSR 2015 will meet at the historic Fort Garry Hotel near The Forks in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba, from August 13 to 16, 2015.
The theme of the conference is “Romanticism & Rights,” broadly construed to include:
- Human Rights (racial, indigenous, economic; right to freedom and autonomy [slavery])
- Animal Rights; Natural Rights, Nature’s rights (the environment)
- Sexual Rights (alternative genders, women’s rights, procreative rights)
- Author or Authorial Rights (intellectual property, copyright)
- State/Sovereign Rights
- Children’s Rights
- Right to be heard; Freedom of Speech
- The Right to Philosophy / Thinking
- Right to Religion
- Rights and Wrongs
- The Right to Die
- What is left of Rights?
For information on the 2015 NASSR call for papers, including special sessions, click on the “Call for Papers” menu item above.
Michelle Faubert, University of Manitoba
Peter Melville, The University of Winnipeg
Linda Dietrick, The University of Winnipeg
Murray Evans, The University of Winnipeg
Joshua D. Lambier, Western University
Dana Medoro, University of Manitoba
Pam Perkins, University of Manitoba
Kathryn Ready, The University of Winnipeg
Armelle St. Martin, University of Manitoba